Camp begins in
98 days!

Empowering children and adults with disabilities

HISTORICAL TIMELINE of Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp


1933 Camp is founded by the Montavilla Kiwanis Club

1934 Laurel Lodge constructed


1942 Hemlock Lodge built


1950 Camp filed to become and independent 501c3

1953 Original wading pool built

1956 Mission shifted to focus on children and adults with disabilities


1962 There were 35 campers per week for 8 weeks. Each week was divided up by populations, e.g. people with hearing impairments, people with Down Syndrome, etc.


1972 Relationship began with Portland State University


1982 Camp added a ropes course

1983 Dedication of Cy Lodge

1984 Horse barn is built

1987 Fanning Lodge, Camp’s new Dining Hall opened


1997 Served 340 campers

1998 Renovation of Laurel Lodge began


2001 Renovation of Laurel Lodge completed

2001 New shade shelter up at the horse corral built

2004 Yurt added to the Camp

2006-2008 Oral Hull Camp for children and adults with Autism

2007 Installation of new swimming pool

2008 Main bridge entrance to camp replaced

2009 MHKC Reaccredited by American Camping Association


2010 Completion of the new bathhouse

2011 Major upgrades and additions to the adventure course

2013 MHKC served 505 campers

2014 Piloted Family Camp